TaskRedesign of UI for the mobile application for local user-to-user e-commerce.
ToolsSketch, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator
ProcessUser Interface To remind for those who have missed our previous case study, Saily is a local community app allowing neighbors to buy and sell their used stuff. Although it is a sort of e-commerce app, it includes a strong feature of communication between users. One of the essential accents brought out by Saily App team puts a deep focus on design and culture at the core of everything they do. User interface redesign of the app, accomplished by Tubik Studio designer Tamara, according to the client's vision of the product needed to have the fun and entertaining feel and look. Bearing it in mind and setting the task to make the product trendy, clear and easy-to-use, the designer created the new image for Saily App which presented new visual concept and featured new functional points the clients wanted to add to user experience. Tubik Studio designer Tamara working on Saily App screens In the process of research and analysis of existing general concept of layout and transitions, the designer concentrated on UI solution which put bright accents at the most important features and provided fast and easy microinteractions. E-commerce is the process which a user needs to feel as clear and fast; in addition, the features should be informative and easily recognizable for rather diverse target audience. So, UI design points that must be thought out were the following:
- easily understandable layout and navigation
- recognizable icons
- graphic elements not creating the unnecessary distraction from the main points
- the process of inputting the data about the item as simple and user-friendly as possible
- interface elements showing data about the item not looking overloaded but containing all the necessary information
- efficient communication available from any point of the application
- funny and entertaining graphic elements all harmoniously supporting the same style concept and preferably original to create additional recognizability for the app.