ProjectUser interface and interaction design for an iOS application tracking plants watering.
ProcessHave you ever forgotten to water plants at home? Being busy with hundreds of tasks, we sometimes miss very basic things and then regret not doing them on time. With pieces of nature, the effect may be even more crucial as they can get sick or even die without proper care. The task for the interface concept of a mobile app was aimed at helping users having plants at homes or offices: first of all, it had to remind users of watering when it's needed as well as keep the data about watering. As we mentioned in diverse articles devoted to UX design, high-quality user interfaces should harmonically satisfy four basic aspects:
- usability: the app is convenient, clear, logical and easy to use
- utility: the app provides useful content and solves users’ problems
- accessibility: the app is convenient for different categories of users
- desirability: the app is attractive and problem-solving, it retains users and creates the positive experience which they are ready to repeat.
- adding plants to the app
- reminders and notifications about watering
- getting information and recommendations about conditions and care for particular kinds of plants
- tracking stats of watering and plans for next week.